Call us on
0370 1500 100
I have specialised in the field of occupational personal injury for over 25 years. I act for clients with asbestos related diseases from all over the North West and North Wales. I have represented clients from overseas (Australia, New Zealand and Canada) who contracted asbestos diseases before emigrating to other countries. I have extensive experience in using the specialist court procedures which ensure that cases for mesothelioma and lung cancer victims are dealt with quickly.
One of my cases is used as the guidance to courts for victims of mesothelioma who want to have a quick decision on who is to blame for their disease and, if possible, an early payment of some compensation but wish to delay the final settlement of their claim to make sure they get the right provision for their spouses and dependent children. I have secured awards for victims of mesothelioma in excess of £500,000. I am often complimented by my clients for my sympathetic manner and commitment to winning their case.
I am committed to ensuring that my clients receive full and proper compensation and that research into treatment for asbestos related cancers is properly funded, a cause for which I both campaign and raise money. I cycled 1200 mile from Glasgow to Southampton to raise money for mesothelioma research.
I wanted to become a lawyer so that I could make a difference.
The most rewarding part of my job is working on behalf of an amazing group of clients. Mesothelioma victims and their family never fail to impress me with the strength they show when dealing with the consequences of this devastating disease.
I value the team approach that we have at Irwin Mitchell, which enables me to provide my clients with the best quality of care. The range of expertise at Irwin Mitchell coupled with high standards and professionalism make it an excellent firm in which to practice.
I have a wide range of interests outside work. I am a member of a book club, which I set up. I am a regular cinema and theatre goer. I enjoy long distance cycle rides, have recently started running and practice yoga. Cake baking is something of a passion.
“Angela and the family were left devastated by Mark’s death and they are desperate for answers about how and where he came into contact with the fatal asbestos that caused him to develop mesothelioma.
“We want to hear from anyone who recalls working with Mark at C M Dunphy in the hope that the information they can provide on Mark’s working conditions so that we can help Angela.”
“Asbestos exposure can have terrible consequences for those unfortunate enough to come into contact with dust and fibres on a regular basis.
“Mesothelioma is an extremely aggressive form of cancer that can take decades to show symptoms, which in many cases, like this one, means victims have grown older and can find it difficult to pinpoint exactly where and when they were exposed.
“We know from experience that those who worked in industry, where asbestos was commonly used to lag pipework, were often exposed when lagging fell into a state of disrepair and was disturbed during regular maintenance and annual shut down periods. We have represented many other men who worked in ICI plants who were exposed to asbestos from removal of lagging on pipes or from working next to laggers.
“Charles’ family do not have much information about his working life and do not know how he may have come into contact with asbestos so they are appealing to anyone who worked with him to come forward with any information they have, no matter how small, about his working life and any contact he had with asbestos."
“Asbestos is an extremely dangerous substance, the dangers of which have been known for decades. It is vital anyone in contact with asbestos has proper protection.
“Unfortunately, historically such protection has not been given, resulting in workers contracting asbestos-related diseases which can be fatal. Sadly, mesothelioma is a very aggressive form of cancer. It is nearly always caused by asbestos exposure.
“We are asking for Joan’s former colleagues to come forward to provide any information they have about the working conditions and asbestos exposure at William Kenyon & Sons’ factory in Dukinfield.”
“Mesothelioma is an aggressive form of cancer which is nearly always caused by asbestos exposure. The dangers of asbestos have been known for some time now and protective measures should always be taken when workers come into contact with this hazardous material.
“Sadly, no such protection appears to have been provided to Barry and he died very soon after his symptoms began.
“We are asking for his former colleagues to come forward to provide information about the working conditions and asbestos at CWS Engineering. We are looking to speak to anyone who worked there between the 1965 and 1967, particularly anyone who remembers asbestos being present."
Request a call back
Enter your details below and we'll call you back, at a time of your choice.