Head of Pension Documents
Kate is our Head of Pension Documents and has been providing pensions legal advice to sponsoring employers and trustees of occupational pension schemes for 30 years. Although she advises on all aspects of pensions law, and the regulatory environment within which registered schemes operate, she specialises in drafting pension scheme documentation and providing technical support.
She started her career working for benefit consultancies but has worked for law firms since 1998.
She is a fellow of the Pensions Management Institute.
- Preparation and agreement of scheme governing documentation for multinational food manufacturer’s UK pension arrangements
- Acting for the trustees of a defined benefit occupational pension scheme providing legal advice, member literature and documentation during a liability reduction exercise undertaken by a marine liability insurer
- Provision of advice on establishing salary sacrifice arrangements covering employee pension scheme contributions
- Advising trustees in relation to a Pensions Ombudsman ill health early retirement dispute
- Provision of legal advice on auto enrolment and preparation of documentation to establish an auto enrolment section within a housing association occupational pension scheme
- Provision of advice to employers and trustees of both defined contribution and defined benefit occupational pension schemes in relation to the 2015 flexible retirement options.
Kate is recognised by Legal 500 as having a "depth of industry knowledge".