Jasmine is a Solicitor based in our Leeds office and specialises in intellectual property law and reputation management issues.
She has experience in managing and resolving disputes relating to a variety of intellectual property rights, including trade marks, design rights, copyright and passing off, and provides strategic advice to help clients avoid litigation where possible.
Jasmine also routinely acts for both corporate and individual clients on issues relating to defamation, malicious falsehood and harassment. She regularly provides tactical pre and post-publication advice to both potential claimants and defendants, and she has helped a number of clients secure the removal of damaging material (particularly from social media and other online platforms).
Here are just a few examples of the work Jasmine’s recently been involved in:
- Working with a number of sellers on online marketplaces including eBay, Amazon and Etsy to quickly achieve reinstatement of their suspended accounts and/or listings following receipt of groundless IP infringement complaints.
- Securing the removal of a number of defamatory reviews on Facebook
- Working with a large pet food company with a number of cross-border trade mark disputes with various competitor brands throughout the EU
- Working with a US hair transplant practice to enforce its IP rights against a UK company falsely holding itself out as its UK counterpart and achieved a total rebrand
- Working with an individual defendant in issued defamation proceedings which led to the claim being struck out.
“Irwin Mitchell were a great support at a very stressful time. My new business was subject to a copyright dispute just a few months into trading. With no knowledge or experience of how to deal with this issue, I contacted Irwin Mitchell as I was aware of their excellent reputation in this area. I was put in contact with Jasmine Fearnley, who was professional and approachable in all communications I had with her. Her knowledge of how to deal with this issue filled me with confidence and she worked quickly and efficiently to secure a favourable outcome to my case, which was a great relief. I couldn’t be happier with the service I received" – Client
“I was impressed with Jasmine Fearnley's efforts to completely understand my situation, including the background and all potential outcomes, and believe that this was a key factor in the successful resolution of the issues I was experiencing. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Irwin Mitchell - and Jasmine - to anyone who needed legal advice and representation.” - Client
The role of statements in open court in the Duke of Sussex's settled libel claim
What's the best way for schools and colleges to manage their reputations
Johnny Depp refused permission to appeal libel ruling
What can retailers do about negative online reviews? - Drapers, December 2021