Hayley is a solicitor in our national Banking and Finance team. Hayley has over seven years’ experience of acting for lenders, sponsors and borrowers on a wide range of banking and finance transactions, whether syndicated or bilateral.
Whilst Hayley has a particular focus on real estate financing, she also regularly leads corporate and leveraged finance transactions as well as asset-based financing deals.
She has considerable knowledge of offshore financing structures and funds transactions in the real estate finance arena. Hayley also has experience of acting on stressed and distressed loans and restructuring situations, acting for lenders, investors and borrowers.
"Dean Gormley and Hayley Johnson are excellent." – Legal 500, 2020
- Advised on the $25m management buyout (MBO) of Spear & Jackson. Global transaction deal involving financing arrangements in the UK, the British Virgin Islands, Canada, France, Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong, across the group of manufacturing and engineering businesses with operations in the UK, Asia, Europe and North America.
- Advised Finance Yorkshire on the debt aspects of the restructuring of its £90m fund.
- Acted for HSBC on the £15m refinancing of waste management company, Augean Plc, involving the provision of term loan and revolving credit facilities by the Bank.
- AESSEAL – Acted for AESSEAL in connection with the refinancing of its £30m revolving credit facilities with HSBC.
- Advised a UK high street bank and its asset-based lending division on financing the expansion of a textile manufacturer, by way of facilities comprising an invoice discounting line, a property loan, a plant and machinery loan and a letter of credit facility.