Emily is a construction lawyer based in our Sheffield office specialising in both contentious and non-contentious construction and engineering matters. Emily's experience includes advising on and negotiating construction documents for the delivery of student accommodation, retail, hospitality and local authority development projects, including advising on and drafting building contracts, performance bonds, appointments of members of the professional team and collateral warranties.
Emily has acted for employers, contractors and sub-contractors on contentious matters in the UK including all forms of dispute resolution.
- Advising a local authority on the finalisation of the construction contracts in respect of a £15 million leisure centre development.
- Acting for a university in relation to a commercial development procured through design and build, advising on risk allocation and the full suite of construction documents.
- Acting for a public body in relation to a dispute relating to defects and scope of services.
- Acting for an institutional investor in relation to the development of a student accommodation portfolio including the preparation and agreement of the construction documentation.
- Advising in relation to a project for the refurbishment of office accommodation being procured on a traditional basis including the preparation of the building contract and professional appointments in relation to the scheme.
- Advising in relation to a dispute regarding a claim under a performance bond.
- Acting for a large UK retail company in respect of disputes relating to defects, delay and scope of works.
- Advising in relation to a series of adjudications on variations, acceleration, delay and extensions of time.