Edward has extensive experience and knowledge of all areas of contentious and non-contentious turnaround and insolvency matters, regularly lecturing on the subject. Edward has developed a wide client base comprising, insolvency practitioners, financial institutions, major creditors and distressed companies creating a strong reputation for dealing with difficult problems in a commercial and innovative way.
- Advising liquidator in multi-million pound action against three directors for wrongful/fraudulent trading
- Acting for the administrator in the administration of a £70 million turnover travel company.
- Advised the administrator of a pan European company turning over more than £100 million, in relation to all aspects of the administration of the business including its sale.
- Advising the directors and shareholders of a group of companies in the construction industry in relation to the restructuring of their property and development portfolio worth over £50 million.
- Advising on and negotiating the informal restructuring of a manufacturing company saving hundreds of jobs.
- Dealing with and negotiating a settlement of a £20 million wrongful trading claim.
"He is very good at insolvency litigation and a very shrewd judge of how to run a case." - Chambers & Partners, 2021 (UK Wide Personal Insolvency)