Duncan has considerable experience of advising clients on a varied caseload of commercial disputes, with particular expertise in:
- Contractual disputes
- Professional negligence
- Banking and finance litigation
- Pension disputes
- Fraud and dishonesty
- The enforcement of restrictive covenants.
Duncan qualified as a solicitor in 2001.
- Acting for a manufacturer in a claim against an employee for the misappropriation of over £300,000, obtaining injunctive relief over relevant assets within 24 hours of being instructed.
- Advising beneficiaries of Jersey-based trusts in a professional negligence claim after a demand from HMRC following the amendment of trust documents by solicitors.
- Acting for a football club, an interested party, in successfully defending judicial review proceedings seeking to quash the planning permission for the development of its new stadium.
- Acting for a clothing manufacturer in successfully resisting an application for an injunction relating to the sale of complex and specialised manufacturing equipment.
"He is extremely approachable and always available to provide quick, tailored commercial advice." – Chambers & Partners, 2021 (Leading Individual - Band 4)
Duncan Hope is an "experienced and very capable commercial litigation solicitor – he is the person to go to in complicated company law matters." – Legal 500, 2021
He provides "proactive and detailed technical knowledge, with a commercial and considered approach." – Chambers & Partners, 2020
Duncan Hope is "intelligent and strategic, with a good balanced mind," and "an effective leader who knows exactly what he's doing." – Chambers & Partners, 2018
Team head Duncan Hope is "an experienced litigator" with "a very effective and measured approach."
– Legal 500, 2017