Duncan has considerable experience of advising clients on a varied caseload of commercial disputes, with particular expertise in:
- Contractual disputes
- Professional negligence
- Banking and finance litigation
- Pension disputes
- Fraud and dishonesty
- The enforcement of restrictive covenants.
Duncan qualified as a solicitor in 2001.
- Acting for a manufacturer in a claim against an employee for the misappropriation of over £300,000, obtaining injunctive relief over relevant assets within 24 hours of being instructed.
- Advising beneficiaries of Jersey-based trusts in a professional negligence claim after a demand from HMRC following the amendment of trust documents by solicitors.
- Acting for a football club, an interested party, in successfully defending judicial review proceedings seeking to quash the planning permission for the development of its new stadium.
- Acting for a clothing manufacturer in successfully resisting an application for an injunction relating to the sale of complex and specialised manufacturing equipment.
Duncan Hope is "intelligent and strategic, with a good balanced mind," and "an effective leader who knows exactly what he's doing." – Chambers & Partners, 2018
Team head Duncan Hope is "an experienced litigator" with "a very effective and measured approach."
– Legal 500, 2017