Doug has considerable experience in all aspects of insolvency with a particular specialism in property insolvency.
He acts for banks, insolvency practitioners and businesses in relation to any situation requiring insolvency or restructuring advice.
Doug also has a large and successful practice dealing with bulk LPA Receivership instructions and property recovery from a number of high street banks and other lenders.
- Advising Prestbury in respect of the CVA of Travelodge.
- Acting for the administrator in the disposal of Andrew Jones Pies.
- Acted for the LPA Receiver in the receivership of a major £30m mixed use commercial and retail centre in a northern city.
- Manages a team advising on LPA Receiverships for various receivers with a case load exceeding over 100 properties at a time.
- Advised on a property portfolio based security review for a debt purchase of approximately £20m.
"Doug Robertson has a strong commercial awareness and is a highly experienced litigator and property lawyer." – Legal 500, 2020
"He always makes himself available to talk through issues, he has a good understanding of the law and he is practical and commercial." – Chambers & Partners, 2018
"He is extremely knowledgeable in the field, his experience is very strong and he knows insolvency pretty much inside and out." – Chambers & Partners 2017
Doug "goes the extra mile" and is noted for his "calm approach" – Legal 500 2016
The "excellent" Doug Robertson is noted for his work with secured lenders – Chambers & Partners 2016
"He's extremely knowledgeable and knows the market and the legalities of it inside-out." – Chambers Partners 2015
"Doug Robertson best understands what is required from a lawyer in an LPA receivership." – Legal 500 2013