Dominique has extensive experience in handling complex commercial disputes on single and multi-jurisdictional matters. She regularly acts on behalf of directors, shareholders, major corporations and pension scheme trustees.
She specialises in large scale commercial disputes, including civil fraud, breach of contract claims, professional negligence actions, shareholder disputes and international insolvency. She also has experience with matters involving emergency injunctive relief, particularly search and seize orders, freezing injunctions, Norwich Pharmacal orders and Bankers Trust applications.
She has acted as a court-appointed solicitor to oversee the execution of search orders. Dominique also has a wide experience in all forms of alternative dispute resolution and regularly helps her client achieve successful settlements at mediations.
She has also been seconded to the in-house legal team at Barclays Bank where she was responsible for handling cases consisting of breach of mandate claims, professional negligence claims, fraudulent transactions, and international trade finance claims.
Dominique also acts for trustees of pension schemes in relation to disputes involving breach of trustee duties, pension overpayments and breach of employer covenants.
She also handles a range of high value professional negligence claims specialising in disputes against solicitors and accountants.
"An exceptionally good lawyer with wide-ranging experience of commercial disputes and a client-friendly touch, more than capable of managing high-value claims" – Legal 500, 2021
"Dominique Dolman is one of the most easy to work with solicitors I know. She is always on top of her cases. She is amazing at dealing with clients (probably the best client skills I have seen) fantastically aware of best litigation tactics and determined (more so than many of her peers) to get the best and most commercially sensible outcome for the client." – Legal 500, 2021
"Jonathan Sachs and senior associate Dominique Dolman are both sensible, hardworking litigators who give clients frank advice and fight hard once they have instructions. They are a pleasure to work with and are excellent at analysing cases tactically." – Legal 500
"Good at thinking outside of the box and pushing counsel to do likewise." – Legal 500
- Acted in a multi-million pound shareholders’ dispute. The claim also involved three separate appeals to the Court of Appeal that raised novel points in relation to privacy, state immunity and statements of truth in civil proceedings
- Acted on behalf of 350 claimants in the largest timeshare fraud ever, seeking compensation from the convicted fraudster, Mr John Palmer. We successfully obtained a freezing order for £3.5 million and judgment against Mr Palmer
- Assisted in acting on behalf of Mr Mohammed Abacha, the son of General Sani Abacha, the former dictator of Nigeria to defend a $2.2bn claim brought to recover money that had allegedly been misappropriated during the General's rule
- Involved in representing large financial institutions in successfully defending professional negligence claims
- Acted for a significant proportion of the main UK poultry industry in pursuing a claim against a number of the world's major vitamin producers. The defendants were found guilty by the European Commission of operating a cartel and the claimants sought damages for losses that they had incurred as a result of price fixing and anti-competitive behaviour
- Successful mediation of a large professional negligence claim against a major firm of accountants
- Acting for a group of international companies in a breach of contract and misrepresentation dispute in relation to the development of power plant.