Dean is a partner in our national Banking and Finance team. He has extensive experience of advising on banking and debt finance transactions across a wide range of sectors.
He regularly advises the corporate real estate finance teams of major lenders on transactions and also acts for funds and other investors on real estate lending, restructuring and work-out deals.
He acts on corporate banking and leveraged finance transactions, advising borrowers, sponsors and lenders. He has particular expertise in cross-border transactions and complex financing structures.
Dean also advises on syndicated and club financings and has experience of advising on transactions involving more complex structures such as senior notes and super senior facilities, conduit and securitised loans.
His clients include HSBC, Lloyds Bank and Lloyds Commercial Finance, NatWest/RBS, Santander, N M Rothschild, Arbuthnot Latham, Swansway Group, the Arora Group, Select Property Group, Greater Manchester Pension Fund, Cole Waterhouse, and New Era Developments.
- Advising the Arora Group on a number of large transactions, including the financing aspects of the acquisition of the Gatwick Hilton Hotel and the financing of the construction of a new 850 room, dual-branded hotel at Terminal 4, Heathrow Airport
- Acting for Select Property Group on the financing of various schemes including the senior and mezzanine finance provided by Barclays and PGIM for the development of a student accommodation tower at St Albans Place, Leeds
- Advising Lloyds Bank on the provision of a £40m revolving credit facility to MJ Gleeson plc
- Acting for New Era Developments on the funding aspects of the development of New Era Square, a new Chinatown for Sheffield, comprising student accommodation, residential units, retail and leisure space and a new public square, including £27m funding from Barclays Bank towards Phase 2 of the development
- Advising a business in the construction materials sector on its £40m asset based lending facility
- Acting for Swansway Group, the leading independent motor dealership business, on the funding aspects of its c£50m acquisition of the Thompson Motor Company
"Clients appreciate his sound commercial advice, approachable manner and solid experience." – Chambers & Partners, 2020
"Dean Gormely and Hayley Johnson are excellent." – Legal 500, 2020
'Very efficient, very knowledgeable and thinks laterally.' – Chambers & Partners, 2018
'In-depth experience' - Legal 500, 2018
A 'sound operator who is very commercial,' and a 'quick and easy solution finder.' – Chambers & Partners, 2017
Irwin Mitchell’s 'knowledgeable, friendly and approachable' team includes the 'fantastic' Dean Gormley – Legal 500, 2015
“Very commercial, always available and very responsive.' – Chambers & Partners, 2015