Claire has considerable real estate experience and specialises in real estate finance, acting for lenders and borrowers on both investment and development facilities. She also deals with a wide range of work for property investors and developers including acquisitions, disposals, pre-let arrangements and all other landlord and tenant transactions.
- Global Private Equity Fund: advising on the UK real estate aspects of the £500m re-financing of one of the UK’s largest independent petrol operators.
- Property Development Company: advising a property developer on the development financing of a mixed retail and residential development site in Battersea and on the development agreement to be put in place with the adjoining land owner.
- Deutsche Hypo: advising on a range of development and investment transactions including a c.£32 million investment facility for two office buildings in Central London and a c.£45m facility for the acquisition of retail space.
- Honda: advised on the sale, leaseback and development of its flagship dealership facility in Manchester and continue to advise on the sub-letting and subsequent development of the neighbouring site to Harley Davidson.
- HSBC: advising on a wide range of real estate investment and development finance transactions including the investment financing of the acquisition of a newly developed shopping centre.
Claire is recommended in the Legal 500 2017
Claire and her team are “commercial and responsive… providing accurate and clear advice” – Director, Commercial Real Estate Finance