Ben is head of the Real Estate team in our Birmingham office and has more than 15 years of experience in real estate transactions. Ben spent 12 years at City law firm Macfarlanes before taking on the role of head of real estate for the Birmingham office of Irwin Mitchell. He deals with all aspects of real estate work including investment and development transactions, both for commercial/mixed use and residential projects, as well as acting for both landlords and tenants on commercial occupier work.
- Acting for Derwent London on the £45 million purchase and subsequent development and pre-letting of 1a Page Street, London to Burberry for an annual rent of £6 million.
- Acting for Arora Developments on forward funding transactions with the Prudential for three hotels at Gatwick and Heathrow Airports.
- Acting for Henry Davidson Developments on the mixed use redevelopments of Llanelli Town Centre and of Buckshaw Village and the subsequent sales to investment funds.
- Acting for Bruntwood on the £10.55m acquisition of 2 Cornwall Street, Birmingham.
- Acting for Acetate Products Limited on the mixed redevelopment of their former factory site at Little Heath, Coventry and the subsequent sale to Persimmon Homes.
“Ben is the most commercial and proactive lawyer I have worked with. He is vital in driving deals through to completion. I would have no hesitation in recommending his services." - Neal Dale, Total Property Solutions