Do Power Station Workers Hold The Key To Family Man’s Death?
The heartbroken family of a father from Doncaster who died from asbestos-related cancer are appealing for help from the public in gaining answers as to how he could have come into contact with the deadly substance.
John Foley, 86, from Skellow in Doncaster died in August 2018 from malignant mesothelioma as a result of past exposure to asbestos, sadly before he had a chance to pursue his claim for compensation and have his questions on how he came to be exposed answered.
His family are now continuing his fight for justice with the legal team at Irwin Mitchell and are appealing to John’s former workmates for any information that may assist with their investigation.
Exposure to asbestos still claims more lives than Britain’s roads and in seeking answers to John’s death, the family hope to highlight the risks.
Expert Opinion“John’s untimely death has robbed his family of a much loved dad and grandad.
We are determined to help John’s family find the answers he so desperately wanted and to seek some closure on what happened and if more could have been done to help him in his final days.”
Nick Woods - Associate
From conversations with John, his family believe he was exposed to asbestos during the course of his employment with Sir Alfred McAlpine & Son, between 1963 and 1966.
John worked in several power stations across West Yorkshire and the East Coast, including Thorpe Marsh, Drax, Ferrybridge and Doncaster on construction and maintenance tasks, in areas where pipework and boilers were routinely lagged with asbestos insulation.
John’s eldest son, David Foley, said: “Losing dad was a terrible shock and we miss him every day.
“Once we knew how bad his illness was, he wanted to get to the bottom of how he developed it. He was sure the power stations were where he had most of his exposure to asbestos but if anyone who remembers dad from those days could get in touch, it could prove a big help in getting the answers we’ve been looking for.
“Dad always said that asbestos was used in the shuttering process when carrying out the construction work. Hopefully his words will ring a bell with some former workmates out there.”
Anyone with information that could assist with the case is asked to contact Nick Woods at Irwin Mitchell Solicitors on 0114 274 4420 or email email@example.com
Find out more about Irwin Mitchell's expertise in handling asbestos-related disease cases