0370 1500 100

Inquest Into Young Mother’s Carbon Monoxide Death

Family Wants To Know What Happened In Her South Wales Home


Dave Grimshaw, Press Officer | 0114 274 4397

An inquest is to take place on Wednesday 15 July into the death of a young mother after carbon monoxide leak in the house she was due to buy the next day. She was staying on her own in the house by agreement with the neighbour owner.

Kimberley Jones, 25, from Aberdare South Wales, was found dead on 9 August 2013. It was the first time she had stayed overnight in a new home that her parents were in the process of buying, with completion fixed for that day.

Her family instructed specialist serious injury lawyers at Irwin Mitchell to investigate the death and their concerns regarding a carbon monoxide leak from a heating appliance in the lounge.

Geraldine McCool, a partner at Irwin Mitchell leading the case on behalf of the family said:

Expert Opinion
“The whole family was simply devastated by Kimberley’s death. They are grateful to the coroner for investigating the circumstances surrounding her death and they have questions and concerns regarding how she died and whether lessons can be learnt to prevent others from suffering in future.”
Geraldine McCool, Partner

© 2017 Irwin Mitchell LLP is Authorised & Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our Regulatory Information.