Inquest To Begin Into The Death Of A Man At Yorkshire Hospital Wife Seeking Answers After The Death Of Her Beloved Husband 21.11.2014 An inquest to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death of a 39-year-old at Harrogate District Hospital is scheduled to begin on Monday 24th November at 10am. Tony Cartwright died on 30 July 2008 after being admitted to hospital suffering from a sore throat and breathing difficulties. He died 33 days later after he stopped breathing and suffered a traumatic brain injury following a catalogue of failings by medical staff at Harrogate Hospital as they failed to diagnose Acute Epiglottitis, which is the when the flap of skin at the base of the tongue becomes inflamed or infected and the airways can be closed off. The two day hearing at Northallerton Coroner’s Court will be attended by Tony’s wife Debra from Terrington in York, who will be represented by specialist medical negligence lawyers from Irwin Mitchell. Expert OpinionDebra and her family have been left completely devastated by his death and have waited several years to get some answers as to the circumstances surrounding his death. “They hope that the inquest will finally provide some opportunity for them to learn more about the events leading up to Tony’s death so they can begin the long process of rebuilding their lives.” Rachelle Mahapatra, Partner For further information please contact the Irwin Mitchell press office on 0114 274 4666. Key contact Rachelle Mahapatra Partner 0370 1500 100 Email Rachelle Tags Personal Injury Medical Negligence Leeds Rachelle Mahapatra Related articles 20.09.2017Mental Health Trust Pays Damages To Family Of Vulnerable Man Who Died In High Rise Fire 20.09.2017Landmark Legal Ruling Will Allow Doctors to Withdraw Treatment To Those Suffering Debilitating Diseases if Families Agree 20.09.2017Inquest Finds Alzheimer Suffer Died Due To Ingesting Chlorine Tablets 19.09.2017Two Women Instruct Lawyers After Being Abused By Dr Philip Schuppler 19.09.2017Specialist Public Health Lawyers Instructed After Dry Ice Cocktail Drank at The Alchemist ‘Leaves Man With Severe Stomach Burns'