Contractor And Others Assessed Following Incident
Answers are needed in relation to an incident in which a contractor and guests at a holiday park in Norfolk were assessed by medical experts after inhaling chlorine gas.
The worker was admitted to hospital following the incident last month at Woodland Holiday Park in Trimingham as a precaution, while a total of 16 people including children were reportedly assessed by paramedics.
An evacuation of the site’s indoor pool was also undertaken following the leak, which occurred in a storage building nearby. Norfolk Police confirmed afterwards that the Health and Safety Executive was informed of the incident.
Irwin Mitchell specialises in acting for people who have suffered illness and injury in public places, including those affected by problems at holiday resorts in the UK and abroad.
Sally Rissbrook, a specialist in public liability claims, said: “Reports about this incident are clearly concerning and from our work in relation to chemical leaks we are aware of the significant impact that exposure to hazardous materials can have.
“We hope that more information can be gathered in relation to this incident, with an ultimate view to ensure that those involved and their families can be given reassurances over the safety steps taken and how the incident was handled.
“It is also vital that every effort is made to ensure that the same problems seen here are not repeated either at the site or at other, similar holiday parks across the UK and abroad.”