Recall Of Allergy Injection MHRA Describes Move As 'Precautionary Measure' 28.05.2012 People using a certain type of adrenaline injector for severe allergic reactions are being told to consult their doctors after a fault was found with the product. A problem with the speed and delivery of the injectors has been identified and the product was recalled amid fears that the injector could fail to deliver adrenalin in an emergency situation where someone has had a severe allergic reaction. The allergy injector, Anapens is thought to be used by more than 35,000 people throughout the UK is manufactured by Owen Mumford Limited. As yet, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has not been advised of any problems with this product and has advised that the recall is a precautionary measure. People with the injectors at home are recommended to contact their GP or clinic to discuss alternatives but should continue to use their Anapen injectors until an alternative has been made available. Gary Walker, a product liability lawyer at Irwin Mitchell has said “Whilst we are pleased that the MHRA have taken a sensible, precautionary approach we hope that the manufacturers and the regulatory agency carry out a full investigation into how this faulty product was able to become available to so many people. Whilst it is comforting to see that no-one has been affected by this problem, in the worst case scenario the consequences could be tragic.” If you, or someone you know has been affected by this recall please contact our specialist product liability team for free advice. Our expert medical negligence lawyers will provide you with free initial advice on your compensation claim if you have been injured or fallen ill as a result of faulty or defective medical products or medicines. See our Defective Medical Products Drugs Or Medicines Claims page for more information. Tags Personal Injury Product Liability Gary Walker Sheffield Related articles 20.09.2017Mental Health Trust Pays Damages To Family Of Vulnerable Man Who Died In High Rise Fire 20.09.2017Landmark Legal Ruling Will Allow Doctors to Withdraw Treatment To Those Suffering Debilitating Diseases if Families Agree 20.09.2017Inquest Finds Alzheimer Suffer Died Due To Ingesting Chlorine Tablets 19.09.2017Two Women Instruct Lawyers After Being Abused By Dr Philip Schuppler 19.09.2017Specialist Public Health Lawyers Instructed After Dry Ice Cocktail Drank at The Alchemist ‘Leaves Man With Severe Stomach Burns'