Former Workmates May Hold Clue To Tamworth Butcher’s Asbestos Cancer Death Family Appeal For Information 29.03.2011 The family of a former Tamworth butcher, who died from an asbestos related cancer, is hoping his work mates will come forward with key information to help in her battle for justice. Graham Hulland from Glascote Heath was diagnosed with mesothelioma – an aggressive cancer of the chest lining - in May of 2009. Sadly he died just one year later on the 3rd May 2010, aged 70. Mr Hulland, known to everyone in the trade as ‘Ray,’ was a butcher all of his working life and it is believed that he may have come into contact with asbestos which was at one time used to insulate the cold rooms, fridges and freezers used by butchers to store meat. Hayley Hill, a workplace illness expert with Irwin Mitchell Solicitors’ Birmingham office, is representing Mr Hulland’s family. She explained: “We do know that Mr Hulland’s mesothelioma is as a result of being exposed to asbestos but as he worked for a number of firms over the years we are trying to piece together information and we hope that colleagues who worked alongside him may be able to provide us with key details. “We already have information from one former colleague who worked with Mr Hulland at DJ Stutt butchers in Tamworth who has been able to tell us that the lining of the ceiling and walls was a hard white insulating material, which from the description was probably asbestos. “We are also keen to hear from anyone who worked alongside Mr Hulland at H Baker Ltd of Yardley Birmingham, RE Matthews Ltd of Church Street, Tamworth and C Taylor Butcher Ltd of Darlaston. Although these butchers are no longer trading, it is still possible to pursue a legal claim through the employers’ insurers.” Ms. Hill continued: “Graham’s family are understandably devastated by his death, particularly his widow, Sandra. The couple had been married for 46 years. He was a very healthy man up until his diagnosis and loved gardening, walking and dancing. He leaves behind three children and eight grandchildren. “Although no amount of money can truly compensate for the death of a loved one, they feel that it is important to continue the fight for justice for Mr Hulland to find out how he came to be exposed to asbestos fibres.” Anyone able to assist should contact Hayley Hill at Irwin Mitchell Solicitors on 0370 1500 100 or email email@example.com If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, our expert mesothelioma solicitors could help you claim compensation. See our Asbestos-Related Disease Claims Guide for more information. Related articles 20.09.2017Mental Health Trust Pays Damages To Family Of Vulnerable Man Who Died In High Rise Fire 20.09.2017Landmark Legal Ruling Will Allow Doctors to Withdraw Treatment To Those Suffering Debilitating Diseases if Families Agree 20.09.2017Inquest Finds Alzheimer Suffer Died Due To Ingesting Chlorine Tablets 19.09.2017Two Women Instruct Lawyers After Being Abused By Dr Philip Schuppler 19.09.2017Specialist Public Health Lawyers Instructed After Dry Ice Cocktail Drank at The Alchemist ‘Leaves Man With Severe Stomach Burns'