Family Calls For Help With Hospital Asbestos Investigation Mesothelioma - Asbestos Exposure at Hospital 12.10.2010 The family of a woman who died from mesothelioma is appealing for witnesses to help with an investigation into the levels of asbestos at a hospital in Norfolk. Betty Farrow, formerly Ferguson, from Aylsham, was 79 when she died from mesothelioma, the asbestos induced lung cancer, in June 2008. She also suffered from pleural plaques – a scarring of the lung lining which only develops as a result of exposure to asbestos. Law firm Irwin Mitchell is investigating Mrs Farrow's case on behalf of her family, and believes she was exposed to asbestos whilst working as an auxiliary nurse at St Michael's Hospital in Aylsham. David Cass, Industrial Disease specialist at Irwin Mitchell, said: "It is clear that Mrs Farrow was significantly exposed to asbestos at some point in her life, and we think this may well have been when she was working at St Michael's between 1967 and 1970. "It is also possible that she had contact with asbestos dust and fibres from her husband's clothing, as he worked at the hospital as a boiler man at a similar time." Susan Empson, Mrs Farrow's daughter, said: "No amount of money can ever bring my mother back to us, but we want to get to the bottom of where she was exposed to asbestos. Without witnesses this will be almost impossible, so I urge anyone who knows anything about the conditions in the hospital at that time to come forward and contact Irwin Mitchell." Anybody with any relevant information should contact David Cass on 0114 274 4559 or at email@example.com. If you or a loved one has been affected by an asbestos related illness, our solicitors can help you to claim compensation. See our Asbestos Claims page for more information. Related articles 20.09.2017Mental Health Trust Pays Damages To Family Of Vulnerable Man Who Died In High Rise Fire 20.09.2017Landmark Legal Ruling Will Allow Doctors to Withdraw Treatment To Those Suffering Debilitating Diseases if Families Agree 20.09.2017Inquest Finds Alzheimer Suffer Died Due To Ingesting Chlorine Tablets 19.09.2017Two Women Instruct Lawyers After Being Abused By Dr Philip Schuppler 19.09.2017Specialist Public Health Lawyers Instructed After Dry Ice Cocktail Drank at The Alchemist ‘Leaves Man With Severe Stomach Burns'