C Firth Asbestos Exposure
Law firm Irwin Mitchell is appealing for workers to come forward and help with an investigation into asbestos levels at a Sheffield company, after a man died from the fatal lung cancer mesothelioma.
The victim, from Stocksbridge, Sheffield, died last year aged 77 as a result of the lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos.
Sheffield based law firm Irwin Mitchell is investigating his death on behalf of his family, and believes he may have been exposed to asbestos whilst working for C Firth, in Stocksbridge.
The victim worked at the firm as a joiner from 1954-1965, and his role involved regularly cutting asbestos sheets with a large circular saw, which covered him in large clouds of asbestos dust.
Irwin Mitchell is asking any witnesses of his exposure to asbestos to come forward to help with the investigation, and attempting to locate the insurer of the company during his period of employment.
Keith Hague, Industrial Disease Specialist at Irwin Mitchell, said: "We believe the mesothelioma in this case was caused as a result of his exposure to asbestos whilst working at C Firth in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
"Unfortunately, because mesothelioma takes so many years to develop, the company our client worked for no longer exists, so it is essential to locate the insurer of the firm. I urge anyone who worked for C Firth around this time or knows anything about the conditions at the company to contact me to help us with our investigation."
Anybody with any relevant information should contact Keith Hague on 0370 1500 100 or at email@example.com.