0370 1500 100

Egyptian Holiday Ruined By Salmonella Food Poisoning

Holiday Illness Claim


A Somerset family is taking legal action after being struck down with food poisoning while on holiday in Egypt.

Two members of the family were diagnosed with salmonella after a stay at the Sonesta Beach Resort. Law firm Irwin Mitchell was contacted by guests taken ill at the same resort last year.

Barry Hookway and Joanne Ashley took their children to the hotel in June. Shortly after arriving Barry and Joanne were both taken ill, along with daughter Lauren.

Barry and Lauren have since been diagnosed as having contracted salmonella.

The family reported undercooked food, meals being kept lukewarm and insects flying around uncovered food.

The family has now instructed experts in illness abroad at Irwin Mitchell to make a compensation claim against First Choice. The law firm is already representing guests who were taken ill at the hotel in 2008.

You may be able to claim compensation if you have also been affected by illness on holiday.