Padma is an Employment and Business Immigration Senior Associate, who advises on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious issues.
Padma advises on matters such as: Employment Contracts, Service Agreements, Consultancy Agreements, Settlement Agreements, disciplinary and grievance hearings, policy drafting, equal pay issues, changes to terms and conditions, redundancies, UKVI obligations, processes and visa applications, as well as due diligence and disclosure obligations associated with corporate transactions.
- Acting as the main contact and adviser for a large outsourcing PLC in relation to hundreds of equal pay claims emanating out of Local Authority TUPE transfers, which have been pursued in Employment Tribunals, County Courts and the High Court in England and Northern Ireland.
- Successfully defending challenges by court/police station interpreters, who are alleging that they are workers/employees and should receive rights and benefits as such.
- Advised on the employment issues arising out of several intra-company transfers and the refinancing of an international garden tools manufacturer, Spear and Jackson Limited, in 2014.
- Became the Institute of Recruiter’s 'Legal Counsel of Choice' in 2013.
- Regularly appearing as a guest speaker at third party events, most recently having delivered a presentation on the employment issues arising out of the use of social media at the E-Age Insurance Conference at the Etihad Stadium and several seminars with Microsoft, on flexible working.
"Padma is an extremely resourceful employment solicitor. Her knowledge, experience and pragmatic approach make her the perfect business partner to work with. Padma makes herself available during a time of need and is very reliable." - Rakesh Kirpalani, Group Finance Director, Kellan Group PLC.
"Padma is a highly personable professional who I have worked with over a number of years. The speed and quality at which she works is second to none." - Amanda Hesketh, Director, Hesketh Barlow.
"I’ve found Padma to demonstrate a decisive style in dealing with complex matters. She adapts her knowledge skilfully to the situation presented and provides tailored solutions. I strongly recommend her attention to detail and timely response to matters at hand." - Hardeep Tamana, Managing Partner at Azpur and CEO at Crestar.
Padma qualified as a solicitor in 2009.