Nicola is a Partner in the Irwin Mitchell Planning Team, with a particular expertise in mixed use regeneration projects and enabling developments. She acts for a wide variety of private sector clients, including house-builders, land promoters and development companies; retail developers, investment funds; care home providers and crematoria. She also regularly advises clients on the Community Infrastructure Levy.
Nicola has been mentioned in Legal 500, alongside the Southern Region Planning Team, which is tier one rated in both Chambers and the Legal 500.
Nicola Gooch "is quick, effective and professional." – Chambers & Partners, 2020
- Providing strategic advice and acting on the s.106 agreement for the regeneration of the North-East Quadrant of Lewes. The proposal will see a flood-damaged former industrial area replaced with a housing-led scheme involving 401 houses, with leisure and retail facilities; town squares; enhanced flood defences and a new river walkway; a bridge over the River Ouse; and transportation and pedestrian links to the wider road network in the town centre.
- Preparing the s.106 Agreement for an urban extension project in Harrogate involving 450 dwellings and a mixed-use local centre to include retail, primary school, village green, open space and associated infrastructure.
- Providing strategic planning advice on a residential led strategic development site in Chichester, including amendments to and the consolidation of the s.106 Agreements applying to the site. The development includes over 500 dwellings, the provision of a new local centre and green infrastructure serving the site.
- Providing strategic advice and preparing the s.106 Agreements for several educational institutions’ relocation projects – typically including the development of a new campus, to be funded through the sale of a new residential development scheme on the site of the existing educational facility.
- Preparing the s.106 Agreement for a new Hospice facility, which is to be cross funded through the sale of a new residential development scheme on the site of the existing hospice facility.