Kunal splits his practice between contentious and non-contentious work focusing primarily on transactional work such as:
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Lender security reviews and enhancement
- Cross-border insolvency
- Antecedent transaction recoveries
- Wrongful trading and misfeasance actions
- Security enforcement and fraud investigations.
He acts for a mixture of UK clearing banks, UK top 20 accountancy firms, insolvency practitioners, private equity houses, asset-based lenders. He also works with international clients such as international accountancy firms, foreign banks, and foreign law firms.
Kunal advises secured lenders on:
- Restructuring and refinancing of distressed loans
- Standstill and modification agreements
- Undertaking contingency planning
- Strategic advice including in relation to security and risk assessment.
Kunal also regularly advises underperforming companies and boards of directors on restructuring options and managing key stakeholders, and advises landlord creditors on enforcing their rights and dealing with tenant insolvency.