Kunal splits his practice between non-contentious and contentious work, focusing primarily on transactional work such as:
- Debt restructuring
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Lender security enforcement and enhancement
- Cross-border restructuring & insolvency
- Antecedent transaction recoveries
- Wrongful trading and misfeasance actions
- Asset recovery and fraud investigations.
He acts for a mixture of UK clearing banks, UK top 20 accountancy firms, insolvency practitioners, private equity houses, and asset-based lenders. He also works with international clients such as international accountancy firms, foreign and international banks, and foreign law firms.
Kunal advises secured lenders on:
- Restructuring and refinancing of distressed loans
- Standstill and modification agreements
- Undertaking contingency planning
- Strategic advice including in relation to security and risk assessment.
Kunal also regularly advises underperforming companies, boards of directors and investor groups on restructuring options and managing key stakeholders, and advises landlord creditors on enforcing their rights and dealing with tenant insolvency.