Helen is experienced in all areas of employment law and has a particular focus on Employment Tribunal litigation, having defended a wide range of employers in claims involving unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, breaches of contract and discrimination.
She also provides strategic HR advice to clients and regularly advises on areas such as redundancy and restructuring programmes and executive severance issues. Helen works with clients to develop programmes of preventative action, which includes drafting bespoke employment documentation and providing in-house training.
- Acted for an international facilities management business in a complex discrimination and unfair dismissal claim lasting over three years and which had been appealed to the Court of Appeal. She successfully resolved the claim.
- Acted for an international financial institution and successfully defended a complex discrimination and unfair dismissal claim. After a two week hearing, she achieved a costs order of £20,000 against the Claimant.
- Carried out training programmes for clients, including an international manufacturing business, a national chain of nurseries and a college of further education.
- Provided advice to a managing director and negotiated a strategic exit, ensuring that he left on beneficial financial terms.
- Acted for a national accountancy firm in relation to the acquisition of a business and advised on the collective consultation process and TUPE.
Helen qualified as a solicitor in 2005.