Guy is a partner in our real estate development team with over 20 years experience in commercial and residential development.
His focus over the past five years has been on large scale residential and mixed use regeneration schemes. He also has significant expertise in the strategic land and student accommodation sectors, having acted for a number of leading developers, promoters and operators. Guy is also currently active in the retirement living and build-to-rent sectors.
In recent years Guy has acted on a number of significant transactions including:
- Advising on the £58 million forward sale by Quintain Estates of 600 student accommodation units at Wembley
- Advising on the £180 million regeneration of North Street Quarter in Lewes
- The promotion of a strategically significant Sussex site for delivery of up to 1,500 residential units, together with leisure and care facilities
- Advising a Welbeck Land joint venture on the disposal of the award winning The Green Student Village, Bradford for a sum in excess of £40 million
- Advising on the acquisition and development of a prominent mixed use gateway site in Leicester valued at approximately £50 million
- Advising City College Brighton and Hove on its proposed £40 million development of its city centre campus to include 442 purpose built accommodation units.
"Guy Sackett is a highly competent lawyer, easy to work with, technically brilliant and a strong negotiator. Most lawyers I work with are strong in areas but very few are strong in all." - Legal 500, 2021