Brian is a residential development and investment specialist, with a particular focus on regeneration and capital projects working for or with the public or charitable sector. Hehas a particular interest in delivering private rented, affordable, and student housing as part of larger on-going schemes. He also advises on strategic land, promotion agreements, and disposal of greenfield sites to housebuilders.
Lambeth College Advising FE College on EU procurement of a development partner to construct a £45 million purpose built College and specialist training hotel as part of a £150 million mixed use PRS project.
- Westergate: Acting for consortium of landowners on disposal of a site in West Sussex for 268 homes, pursuant to a promotion agreement.
- Welbeck: Acting on number of promotion agreements across England for prominent land promoters.
- Thoby Priory, Mountnessing: Acting on disposal of high value brownfield site in Brentwood for developer.
- Christ’s Hospital Foundation: Acting for prominent public school on disposal of brownfield site for housing development to a housing association.
- Chichester College: Acting on number of strategic commercial disposals for this FE College.
- Greenwich Peninsula: Acted for GLA on disposal of plots at the largest regeneration site in Europe dealing with infrastructure, planning, procurement, and development issues.
- London Legacy Development Corporation: Acted on appointment of a development partner under EU procurement rules to deliver 1500 homes (PRS, affordable, and private) at East Wick and Sweetwater, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Nido Living: Acted on acquisition of £400m student housing portfolio including due diligence aspects and advice on student housing issues.
Recommended for work in social housing and social housing finance - Legal 500, 2014