Kings Lynn Takeaway Owner Fined Regarding Food Hygiene Failings Concerns Raised Related To Cleaning And Contamination 14.05.2014 The owner of the Royal Spice takeaway in Kings Lynn has been fined around £17,000 in relation to food hygiene problems at the premises. Mohammed Mahboob pleaded guilty to food hygiene charges including a failure to keep the site clean, ensuring there were adequate materials for cleaning and to ensure surfaces were cleaned to avoid potential contamination risks. He also admitted to health and safety breaches, as well as a failure to ensure the safety of employees in relation to a damaged electrical socket and extension lead. A prohibition notice was also breached regarding the latter issue. According to the Eastern Daily Press, prosecutor Cara Jordan said: “Health and safety imposes a duty on employers to ensure their premises is safe. Mr Mahboob is an employer.” Expert Opinion Like hotel and restaurant owners, takeaway owners have a duty to ensure that the necessary food hygiene guidelines are adhered to – with the ultimate aim of preventing consumers from being exposed to any unnecessary risks. "Through our work, we have seen a number of cases in which people have suffered long-term health problems following illnesses which could be linked back to food hygiene failings. "It is vital that lessons are learned from cases like this to ensure that the same problems are never repeated in the future." Amandeep Dhillon, Partner Key contact Amandeep Dhillon Partner 0121 214 5287 Email Amandeep Tags Personal Injury Group Claims Environmental And Health Pollutant Claims Amandeep Dhillon Birmingham Related articles 20.09.2017Mental Health Trust Pays Damages To Family Of Vulnerable Man Who Died In High Rise Fire 20.09.2017Landmark Legal Ruling Will Allow Doctors to Withdraw Treatment To Those Suffering Debilitating Diseases if Families Agree 20.09.2017Inquest Finds Alzheimer Suffer Died Due To Ingesting Chlorine Tablets 19.09.2017Two Women Instruct Lawyers After Being Abused By Dr Philip Schuppler 19.09.2017Specialist Public Health Lawyers Instructed After Dry Ice Cocktail Drank at The Alchemist ‘Leaves Man With Severe Stomach Burns'