Irwin Mitchell Welcomes Senior Mediator to Family Law Team
Irwin Mitchell has strengthened its commitment to collaborative family law practices with the appointment of Senior Associate Solicitor and experienced Accredited Family Mediator Rachel Baker, further adding to one of the largest family law teams in the country.*
Rachel joins Irwin Mitchell from George Green LLP and is experienced in a wide range of family matters. She is well known for her experience as a mediator and family solicitor. Mediators help couples resolve family law disputes out of court and is often quicker and cheaper.
There are different types of mediation, but all involve an impartial specialist (a mediator) helping individuals to agree a resolution that they’re both satisfied with. Reasons couples might use mediation include:
- To have more control over the process and negotiations
- To tailor the process to their own needs and circumstances
- It's often much quicker - mediation can usually reach a resolution in six months
- It’s often cheaper than going to court
- You avoid the emotional stress of being in court
- It can help minimise disruption for children or other family members
- It can help maintain a good relationship with ex-partners.
- It can achieve a more creative and bespoke solution than would be imposed by a court or through a traditional adversarial approach
- It is completely confidential offering families a safe and neutral safe to resolve the issues they are facing.
The Irwin Mitchell family law team launched a national Mediation Support Service earlier this year to help clients going through mediation and are now with the arrival of Rachel and Claire Filer in the London office able to offer a full Mediation service. Rachel will be leading on the Mediation service in the Midlands.
Commenting on her appointment, Rachel said: “It’s exciting to be joining one of the largest and most innovative family teams in the country. The family team at Irwin Mitchell are committed to helping their clients find the best possible solutions to their family law issues. Being an experienced family solicitor, and an accredited family mediator I’m thrilled to be able to help expand the options available to families. I hope this will enable people experiencing difficulties to resolve their issues in the way that works best for them.”