A Focus On Wellbeing
With the global pace of change increasing, the health and wellbeing of our people forms a vital element of our ‘Colleague Commitment’ and Responsible Business strategy.
Our goal is to improve organisational resilience by proactively promoting and supporting wellbeing at all levels of our business. We have based our approach on Great Place to Work’s ‘Excellence in Wellbeing’ model and have been recognised by them as a top UK employer for our efforts in this important space. We're also signatories of the Mindful Business Charter (MBC).
This includes consideration of:
- Fulfilment at work
- Work/life balance
- Financial security
- Work environment
- Mental and physical health
- Interpersonal relationships.
We have a number of mechanisms in place to regularly gather feedback and insight from colleagues which allows us to tailor our approach and measure our effectiveness. This work is overseen by our National Wellbeing Team who help design and deliver our commitments, supported by two executive sponsors. As well as educating even more of our leaders to support psychological health, we’ve also enhanced our benefits that focus on flexibility and inclusion.
Our Wellbeing Principles set the foundations for how colleagues can best help themselves and support others. The purpose of our Wellbeing strategy is to: proactively promote and support wellbeing and improve resilience across our business. Colleague wellbeing and maintaining good psychological health is at the heart of our colleague value proposition (CVP) and is essential for our sustainability and positive business perform.
Some of our highlights include:
- Great Place to Work Trust Index Score increased from 68% to 77% over the last five years
- Signing up to the Menopause Workplace Pledge campaign
- Launching a Suicide Protocol to provide support to colleagues having thoughts about self harm
- Monthly advice and guidance delivered to colleagues via our Wellbeing Hub and internal channels
- Training colleagues as Healthy Minds Advocates and Mental Health First Aiders
- Continued commitment to the principles of the Mindful Business Charter (MBC).
Flexible By Choice
We have introduced Flexible by Choice (and Flexible by Success for Ascent colleagues) to give colleagues flexibility about where, when and how they work whilst continuing to meet the needs of clients and our business.