Skip to main content

Land Registry Issues Change of Gender Form - by Lorraine Rose

The Land Registry has this week launched a new form enabling a registered owner to update their name on the registered title following a change of gender.

The application must be accompanied by a gender recognition certificate, new birth certificate or a UK medical practitioner’s letter confirming that the applicant has lived in their new gender for the last two years and are known by the name on the application form. 

The application cannot be lodged electronically as original documents must be submitted. The Land Registry will return any gender recognition certificate or new birth certificate but will retain any medical practitioner’s letter. Submitted documents in support of the application will be exempt from the public right of inspection. 

Lorraine Rose


Irwin Mitchell LLP