Allergic reaction to hair dye
12-year-old Lucy Smith's face ballooned like a football after an allergic reaction to hair dye. Her right eye closed over and her throat swelled up. Lucy, said: "My cousin told me I looked like a zombie." After the incident she spent two day in hospital.
Lucy from Southampton was booked into the hair salon by her mother as a treat, but she suffered rashes to her face, head and neck after staff applied L'Oreal hair colour.
Although Doctors initially gave her anti-allergy tablets she had to rushed into hospital two days later and put on steroids after her face ballooned.
Lucy, is too embarrassed to return to school until scars fade didn't have the recommended allergy test. Her mum said: "I feel so guilty. Every parent should see the pictures of my daughter."
A L'Oreal spokesperson said: "Reactions to hair colourants are extremely rare.
Potential reactions can be avoided by having a skin allergy test.
If you or someone you know has been effected by an allergic reaction to hair dye, we may be able to help with compensation. Fill in our online claims form for free legal advice.