We all want our families to get the most out of their inheritance. That's why it's important to plan ahead for inheritance tax. Our Inheritance Tax Planning package will help you take advantage of any available tax relief so you can pass on as much as possible to your loved ones.
What Is Our Inheritance Tax Planning Package?
Our package is a step-by-step guide that helps you consider what inheritance tax exemptions and allowances are available to you. There are four steps to our package. We’ll give you practical advice through each step which will lead you to know exactly what your financial position is.
Step 1 - You’ll get a pack prepared by our legal and tax experts. It has detailed information on how inheritance tax works and what allowances and exemptions there are. This includes:
- Inheritance Tax Nil Rate Band (NRB) and Transferable NRB – making the most out of your tax-free allowance
- Inheritance Tax Residential Nil Rate Band (RNRB) and Transferable RNRB – a separate tax free allowance that could apply if you pass your home on to a family member when you die
- Gifting opportunities you could take advantage of during your lifetime
- Business and agricultural property relief
- Taxation of trusts
- How to avoid inheritance tax problems.
Step 2 - We’ll send you a questionnaire to help us assess your situation to understand your current position.
Step 3 - We’ll set up a face-to-face consultation with one of our inheritance tax experts to discuss the information from your questionnaire. You can also ask us any questions you have and we’ll decide on the next steps together.
Step 4 - After your consultation, our experts will put together and send you a detailed report that outlines your inheritance tax position. The report will also include suggestions and actions you should take to put your estate in the best possible position for inheritance tax. This will help you avoid issues later on.
The price for this package starts from £2250+VAT - contact us online or call 0370 1500 100 to get started.
Why Do I Need An Inheritance Tax Package?
Tax can be complicated so it’s best to get accurate advice that’s tailored to your circumstances. By putting plans in place early, you can make sure the value of your estate isn’t drastically reduced when your loved ones inherit.
Many people think inheritance tax planning is something they need to do when they’re older but inheritance tax relief is available at any stage in your life. Often it’s more beneficial to make use of inheritance tax relief earlier so you can avoid problems later on.
Who Should Consider Planning for Inheritance Tax?
Everyone should take the time to consider the inheritance tax on their estate. But, you’ll get more out of inheritance tax planning if you:
- Own a business or farm
- Are a high net worth individual
- Have large portions of your estate held in property
- Have made significant gifts in the last seven years
- Have a high surplus income
- Are looking to sell an interest in a business
- Are retiring and looking to cash out your pensions.
Our expert advisors can advise you no matter what your situation is. You’ll get tailored advice in plain English so you know exactly where you stand and how you can protect your wealth.
How Can Irwin Mitchell Help?
Our advisors will help you make Inheritance tax less complicated and stressful. We have years of experience with inheritance tax and we work with people with both complex estates as well as more straightforward ones.
We can also help you consider other issues that may arise when getting your affairs in order, such as:
- Making a Power of Attorney so someone can look after your finances and/or your health and welfare if you lose the mental capacity
- Making or updating a Will
- Pre- or post-nuptial agreements to protect your wealth if you enter into a new relationship in later life.
We’ll make sure your package meets your needs and we’ll be on hand to deal with any questions or concerns you have. If you’d like to speak to a specialist advisor about your circumstances, contact us online or call on 0370 1500 100.
More Later Life Packages
We also have fixed-fee packages to help you with: