As you get older, you may start thinking about your retirement and how you would like make this transition. Our pre-retirement package makes planning for your retirement as simple as possible. We’ll help you consider all the important decisions that come with planning for retirement so you can have peace of mind for the future.
What Is Our Pre-Retirement Planning Package?
Our package gives you advice from experts with years of experience in helping people plan for their retirement. Our four step guide helps you make the right decisions to get your affairs in order so you’re prepared for your retirement.
Step 1 - We’ll send you a pack with information on:
- Tax planning – your taxes will be different when you stop working so we’ll help you plan ahead
- Inheritance tax exemptions - taking advantage of inheritance tax relief so your loved ones can get the most from their inheritance
- Pensions and insurance – advice on making sure your pension lasts throughout your retirement and you’re protected once you stop working
- How to phase into retirement slowly – what you need to consider if you want to move to part-time work before retiring completely
- Wills – before you retire, you may want to make a Will or update an existing one so it accurately reflects your wishes
- Lasting Powers of Attorney – appointing someone to manage your finances or health and welfare if you lose mental capacity in future.
Step 2 - After you receive the pack, we’ll send you a questionnaire to fill out. This will help us assess your current situation so we can give you the best advice possible.
Step 3 - We’ll arrange a face-to-face meeting with you where we’ll discuss the information in your questionnaire and what steps you can take to start planning for your retirement. In this meeting we’ll also deal with any concerns or questions you have. This is all available for a fixed fee of £500+VAT.
Step 4 (optional) - We can also put you in touch with financial advisers who can help you manage your finances on an ongoing basis. Using cash flow planning, they can put strategies in place to make sure you have enough to live comfortably when you decide to stop working.
To get started, contact us on 0370 1500 100 or fill out our online form today.
Why Do I Need A Pre-Retirement Package?
Putting plans in place before you retire will help you have peace of mind that your affairs are in order. Planning as early as possible will help ensure that you:
- Have enough money to live a comfortable life well into your future
- Can give your loved ones financial support if they need it
- Take advantage of any inheritance tax relief
- Have an up-to-date Will that reflects your wishes.
Our package is especially useful for people looking to retire in the near future or in the next five years. It will also benefit those with complex estates where assets are held in businesses or overseas.
How Can Irwin Mitchell Help?
Our package will give you access to advice from our expert advisors, who can help you transition into retirement as smoothly as possible. We understand that everyone has different circumstances. We’ll give you tailored advice to suit your and your family’s needs.
You may be worried about having enough to continue doing the things you love. You might also want to make sure you can provide for your family in future once you’re not working anymore. No matter what your concerns are, our pack can help you plan for what’s most important to you.
We can also help you plan for unexpected circumstances like losing the mental capacity to handle your own affairs. Our experts will help you create a Lasting Power of Attorney so that someone you trust can look after your finances and welfare if this happens.
Moving into, and paying for, a care home is also a concern for a lot of our clients. Where possible, we can structure your retirement plan so that you’ll have enough to cover your care fees.
Talk to one of our specialists today about your goals and plans for your retirement. Call us on 0370 1500 100 or send us an email and we’ll call you back.
More Later Life Packages
We also have fixed-fee packages to help you with: