Your employer should give everyone the same opportunities at work regardless of their race. Unfortunately, sometimes this doesn’t always happen. Our racial discrimination solicitors can advise and support you if you were treated unfairly, harassed or victimised at work because of your race.
Racial discrimination isn’t acceptable in any workplace. If anyone is discriminating against you, you could make a claim for racial discrimination compensation. Our lawyers are experts at helping people make successful claims. We can also help you reach a settlement agreement with your employer and get the compensation you deserve without going through court or tribunal hearings.
The Equality Act 2010 states that you cannot be discriminated against for a protected characteristic. Race is classified as a protected characteristic and includes your:
- Ethnic or national origin.
If you’re discriminated against because of your race, it’s best to get expert legal advice to help you resolve your issue in the best possible way.
Contact our racial discrimination lawyers on 0207 650 3999 and we’ll discuss your situation with you.
What Services Do We Offer?
Our racial discrimination lawyers can:
- Advise you on your situation and the success of your potential claim
- Give you all your options if we think there is a better way to resolve your issue
- Support and guide you through a settlement agreement with your employer so you can avoid going to an Employment Tribunal
- Represent you at mediation meetings where an independent mediator will try and help you and your employer resolve the issue together
- Draft legal documents if your claim goes to an Employment Tribunal or court
- Represent you in an Employment Tribunal or the High Court.
Who Can We Help?
We could help you if you’ve suffered from race discrimination at work. Our lawyers have particular expertise in helping senior executives, directors and professionals with complex claims.
Race discrimination can lead to many situations that we can help you with, such as:
- Unfair dismissals – if your employer dismissed you without a reason and didn’t follow the correct procedure
- Constructive dismissals – if you felt you had no choice but to leave your job because your employer breached the terms of your contract
- Redundancy – if you were selected for redundancy based on your race alone and your employer didn’t follow the correct process
- No promotion opportunities – if you were overlooked for a promotion or not even given the chance to apply for one because of your race
- Demotions – if your employer suddenly demotes you without a reason
- Recruitment discrimination – if you’re application is rejected or you’re not selected for the job based your race
- Bullying and harassment – when a person or group of people at work make you feel humiliated, offended, intimidated or degraded because of your race
- Victimisation – often happens if you’re treated badly for making a complaint, a race discrimination claim, or giving evidence for a claim. It can also happen if you’re treated unfairly for supporting someone who is suffering from race discrimination.
If you’re facing any of these issues, we can give you practical advice to resolve your issue with your employer. Whether that’s through a settlement agreement or an unfair or a claim in an Employment Tribunal, our lawyers will guide you through the process.
Why Choose Us?
Our race discrimination solicitors understand how vulnerable and hurt you can feel when you’re discriminated against because of your race. We support you every step of the way and will fight to get you the justice you deserve.
We’re highly rated by the independent legal guides Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 as experts in our field. No matter how complex your situation is, we’ll work to solve your issue quickly while also protecting your reputation and privacy.
It can be intimidating to make a claim against your employer. You can rest assured that our Employment team have made successful claims against large and small businesses across the UK.
At Irwin Mitchell we champion diversity and equal opportunities for all our employees. We believe everyone deserves to be treated equally, so it’s important to us to help people suffering from discrimination at work.
To discuss your situation with our employment team, call us on 0207 650 3999 or fill out our online form.
Large, experienced team of solicitors
Specialists in representing senior professionals
Advice in plain English
Offices around the UK