Zoe is an Associate Solicitor in our National Construction and Engineering team based in our Leeds office.
She has a broad range of dispute resolution expertise with over ten years’ experience in successfully pursing and defending actions of varying value and complexity.
Zoe works with various clients throughout the country. Most of Zoe's clients operate in the construction, manufacturing and retail sectors. Zoe clients include, companies, small and medium sized enterprises and high net worth individuals.
She specialises in advising clients in the construction and engineering industries on a wide range of disputes involving payment, defects, extensions of time and professional negligence issues. She also has experience of arbitration and adjudication including enforcement proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court.
Zoe advises commercial clients on standard form building contracts, bespoke contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties and surety documents. Zoe also undertakes advisory work in respect of "live" projects, helping clients to protect their commercial interests at an early stage.
Zoe also supports her colleagues in corporate, commercial litigation and insolvency on construction and engineering issues.
Zoe's main areas of practice include:
- Construction Law (litigation/domestic arbitration/adjudication/ADR)
- Professional negligence claims for both building professionals and against solicitors
- High value disputed debt claims including enforcement
- General commercial contract disputes
- Injunctive relief including delivery up and specific performance.
- Acted on behalf of a leading oriental grocer in relation to their £13 million store extension contract. Defended an extension of time adjudication and negotiated settlement of the final account and defective flooring dispute
- Successfully adjudicated in respect of non-payment of an architect’s fees against their employer who failed to serve a notice to pay less
- Defended a regional steel subcontractor against a national main contractor in relation to payment of their final account also defended allegations of delay and liquidated damages
- Successfully defending a smash and grab adjudication against a housing developer by their trade contractor. Then successfully further negotiated a settlement of Court proceedings brought by a second trade contractor for retention on the same development
- Drafted and negotiated all consultant appointments on behalf of a private property developer for their warehouse redevelopment in London
- Securing a settlement on behalf of a private property developer following professional negligence of building professionals for defective design after an on-site collapse of steel
- Successfully pursued a claim for defective work on behalf of a well-known tenant home furnishings retailer against a national contractor through expert determination.