Zoe is an Associate Solicitor in our Commercial Litigation team based in Leeds.
She has a broad range of dispute resolution expertise with over ten years’ experience in successfully pursing and defending actions of varying value and complexity. Her clients include: companies, small and medium sized enterprises and high net worth individuals across Yorkshire and the UK, most notably in the construction, manufacturing and retail sectors.
She specialises in advising clients in the construction and engineering industries on a wide range of disputes involving payment, defects, extensions of time and professional negligence issues. She also has experience of arbitration and adjudication including enforcement proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court.
Zoe advises commercial clients on standard form building contracts, bespoke contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties and surety documents and undertakes advisory work in respect of "live" projects, helping clients to protect their commercial interests at a sufficiently early stage.
Main areas of practice include:
Construction Law (litigation/domestic arbitration/adjudication/ADR)
- Professional negligence claims for both building professionals and against solicitors
- High value disputed debt claims including enforcement
- General commercial contract disputes
- Shareholder and partnership disputes
- Breach of fiduciary duty/confidence and restrictive covenants
- Injunctive relief including delivery up and specific performance.
Zoe qualified as a solicitor in 2006.
- Acting on behalf of a regional steel subcontractor against a national main contractor in respect of a significant claim in relation to payment of their final account and defending allegations of delay and liquidated damages
- Successfully adjudicated in respect of non-payment of an architect’s fees against their employer for failing to serve a notice to pay less
- Securing settlement on behalf of a private property developer arising out of the professional negligence of building professionals for defective design in relation to a steel collapse on site
- Successfully pursued a claim for defective work on behalf of a tenant home furnishings retailer against a national contractor through expert determination
- Acting on behalf of directors of a regional company faced in respect of contentions that the affairs of the company were being conducted in a manner unfairly prejudice to a shareholder’s interests
- Successfully defended a complex multi-million pound litigation claim against a former director for breach of his fiduciary duties
- Acting on behalf of a global glass and steel balustrade manufacturer and two of their new employees defending claims of breach of confidence and requests for delivery up of confidential information