Tina is a criminal lawyer specialising in representing individuals and companies subject to criminal or regulatory investigation, principally in relation to serious financial fraud, but also in respect of more general criminal cases.
She defends prosecutions by the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), as well as individuals facing confiscation, restraint and civil recovery of the proceeds of crime.
Tina is also a Higher Court Advocate and represents clients in both the Crown and Magistrates Court. She is also a duty solicitor and fully accredited police station representative defending clients at the police station on criminal matters ranging from driving whilst disqualified to murder to fraud offences.
She has represented clients in cases of insider dealing on numerous occasions including the first cross-jurisdiction prosecution of insider dealing by the FCA.
- Insider dealing case prosecuted by FSA with four co-defendants. This was the first cross-jurisdiction prosecution of insider dealing by the FSA.
- Confiscation proceedings (arising from £52m pension fraud trial prosecuted by SFO) including allegation from the SFO of £800,000 hidden assets.
- Extradition matter at City of Westminster Magistrates Court: client had been arrested on EU arrest warrant which proceeded to full hearing.
- Fraud and corruption case in relation to a fraudulent 'bomb detector' that was sold internationally for millions of pounds. Legal argument involved in relation to the admissibility of corruption evidence at trial.
- FCA investigation and interview of client who was a compliance director at a company, alleged to have failed to comply with the Statements of Principle and Code of Practice for Approved Persons breaching principles three and seven.
- Representing employees and ex employees of a high profile company at interviews under section 2 Criminal Justice Act 1989 carried out by the Serious Fraud Office.