I have over 10 years’ experience in the field of Tax, Trusts and Estate law. I gained experience working for the Trusts & Estates division of a Private Bank before moving to Irwin Mitchell in 2016.
My expertise includes the following areas of work:
- Preparation of Wills
- Estate Planning (including Inheritance Tax planning and succession planning)
- Obtaining Grants of Probate
- Inheritance Tax calculations and completion of Inheritance Tax returns
- Estate Administration, including administration of complex and high value estates
- Preparation of Declarations of Trust and advice and assistance with setting up or winding up Trusts created by Wills
- Advice on and preparation of Deeds of Variation to alter the distribution of an estate after death.
I gain a detailed understanding of my clients’ circumstances and needs to ensure complex situations are solved effectively.
My advice and assistance is explained and presented in a manner which is clear and easy for my clients to follow.
Where necessary, I also work closely with colleagues in other departments in the wider firm (including Residential Property, Family Law and Trust & Estate Disputes) to ensure all of my clients’ legal needs are met at often critical stages of their lives.
I deliver regular presentations to members of the public (like hospital staff, local and national charities and parents of children with disabilities) on subjects relating to Wills, Estate Planning and Estate Administration.