Joanne advises businesses across all sectors on intellectual property (IP) and IT issues both nationally and internationally. She provides specialist advice in relation to IT contracts, e-commerce and data protection. In IP, Joanne advises on branding strategy and getting a return on investment through licensing IPR.
She also advises on copy clearance in respect of advertisements.
- Advising Callcredit Information Group, innovators in the application of consumer information and one of the three large UK credit reference agencies, on its contractual documentation from master service arrangements to consumer terms and branding including in relation to its market changing new product, Noddle.
- Advising a leading UK hotel brand on its IT contracts including agreements relating to guest Wi-Fi and connectivity of its head office.
- Advising Team 17 Software Limited, the games developer of the well known Worms game on a worldwide branding strategy.
- Acting for Magnomatics Limited, a spin out company from The University of Sheffield which has developed revolutionary contactless, lubricant-free magnetic transmissions and ultra high-torque electrical machines in relation to exploitation agreements and IP ownership.
- Acting for a global supplier of knowledge based software and databases for use in metabolism, toxicology and related sciences. We have drafted both standard form documentation and advised on international licence arrangements.
A client says "She's like an extension of our legal team." – Chambers & Partners, 2018
Sources say she is "very good and responsive, and always gets back to us quickly. She doesn't sit on the fence – she points us in the right direction." - Chambers & Partners 2015