Danny has considerable experience in all types of commercial and residential property litigation and real estate litigation. He has a particular focus on commercial and residential landlord and tenant litigation and acts for investors, developers, retailers and corporate occupiers managing their national property portfolios.
- Successfully exercised numerous break clauses and provided advice and guidance on compliance with complex break conditions for a global real estate firm and a number of national retailers.
- Two national developers: obtained court order for possession defeating claim for adverse possession to strip of land occupied by owners of neighbouring estate to enable multi-million pound development to proceed.
- London property investment/development company: served hostile notices on tenants of multi-occupied building in Central London and secured agreements for surrender to facilitate multi-million pound redevelopment of the building.
- Regional property developer: secured vacant possession of commercial premises from unauthorised occupier following administration of national retailer and recovered rent from the occupier.
- Educational establishment: obtained vacant possession of phone mast site from telecoms operator to facilitate proposed multi-million pound development of large site in Sheffield.
- National high street retailer: opposed landlord’s application for termination of tenancy of prime location store resulting in completion of new tenancy and withdrawal of landlord’s application.
Danny Revitt is described by sources as "a capable pair of hands" who "provides concise advice and also has a good grasp of client requirements and presenting risk well." - Chambers & Partners 2017
Danny is "clear, concise and practical" - Legal 500 2016
Clients say Danny Revitt of Irwin Mitchell "is aware of how our portfolio operates and is very proactive." - Chambers & Partners 2016
Has "‘won the trust of big corporate clients" - Legal 500 2015
"very good technically, but also has the ability to take a pragmatic approach" - Legal 500 2014
"Danny Revitt has a very proactive approach." - Chambers & Partners 2014
"(Danny provides) extremely sound, commercial advice which is valued by professionals and clients alike." and provides "straightforward solutions." - Legal 500 2013
"Danny, in particular, is a favourite on the programme, consistently rating highly in feedback with excellent delivery of cutting-edge information for members." - Matt Taylor, Senior Conference & CPD Producer, RICS