Our online Wills service is the first step towards getting your own personalised, legally-binding Will. Filling out our online form will take around 10 minutes.
The form guides you through some simple questions that will help you:
- Decide who your money and property goes to when you die
- Leave specific items, such as jewellery or artworks, to certain people (with a Letter of Wishes)
- Leave money to charity
- Choose someone to look after your children if you die
- Decide who to leave your business or shares to.
Once you’ve sent your form, this will act as instructions for us to start drafting your Will. We may need to call you before we draft anything to confirm any more details we need.
Call us on 0370 1500 100 and we can answer any questions you have.
How Much Will It Cost?
When you apply online, you can choose between having a single Will or a Mirror Will. The costs are:
- Single Wills from £175 – these suit people who are single, separated, divorced or have dissolved a civil partnership. They’re also suitable if you’re widowed or a surviving partner and for couples who want to distribute their assets differently.
- Mirror Wills from £260 – these suit couples (married, civil partners or co-habiting) who have similar wishes on how to distribute their assets. You’ll get two Wills that are mirror images of each other. You’ll also only have to fill out our form once and you can add your partner’s information with yours.
There may be additional costs if your Will is more complex. You won’t have to pay anything now. We’ll contact you once we have your completed form to confirm fees or we may ask to speak with you to confirm all your details. You’ll only need to pay once you’re totally happy to go ahead.
We won’t charge you for any additional services unless you agree and we’ll always be upfront about any extra costs.
What Do I Get?
Once we’ve confirmed all your details, you’ll get:
- A professionally bound, tamper-proof Will
- Clear instructions on how to sign your Will to make it legally binding.
You may benefit from our Wills Assured package if you choose to name Irwin Mitchell as your Executor.
How Do I Make A Will Online?
Making a Will online is quick and easy. We’ll keep you up-to-date along the way so you’ll always know what to expect.
Step 1 – You complete our secure online form
Step 2 – We may contact you to discuss any details we need, otherwise we will confirm the cost and provide details about how to make payment.
Step 3 – We’ll start drafting your Will and a legal professional will review it
Step 4 – We’ll send you a draft Will to review
Step 5 – You’ll receive your draft Will and you can call us to discuss any changes you’d like to make
Step 6 – You’ll return your draft Will to us with any changes and then we’ll send a final version for you to sign. We’ll include instructions for you to follow while signing to make sure your Will is legally binding.
Once you’ve signed your Will, it’s complete. The whole process will take about three weeks to a month. It could take longer depending on the changes we need to make after the first draft, but we’ll work as quickly and efficiently as possible.
You can also call us at any stage on 0808 271 2557 or e-mail us on email@example.com and we’ll be happy to update you on where you are in the process.