Dad Wants Answers Following ‘Nightmare’ At Cancun Resort
A British holidaymaker whose stay at a Mexican holiday resort was spoiled by illness and bed bug problems has instructed specialist lawyers to investigate his “nightmare”.
Matthew Quinn, 52, has revealed how his all-inclusive break at the 5 Ocean Coral & Turquessa by H10 Hotel in Cancun, Mexico, was spoilt by problems with his hotel room and illness that he suffered when he developed symptoms including stomach cramps and diarrhoea a few days into the holiday.
The problems proved so severe that he went on to seek medical advice when he got back from holiday. Even now he continues to experience abdominal cramps and days when he goes to the toilet more often with his doctor diagnosing him with gastroenteritis.
Matthew, from Gateshead, an Engineer, has now called on legal experts in Irwin Mitchell’s specialist International Personal Injury team to investigate and secure answers regarding the problems he encountered.
Expert Opinion“The details that Matthew has provided are very concerning and we have commenced our investigations into what he faced.
Through our work, we have seen time and time again how illness problems of this nature can have a lasting impact on victims – affecting not only their precious time abroad but also their lives back at home.
With this in mind, we are determined to help Matthew understand what went wrong on his holiday and ensure that, where possible, lessons can be learned so any issues are not repeated in the future.
As part of our investigations, we are keen to hear from anyone who may have information about conditions at Ocean Coral & Turquessa by H10 Hotel.” Jatinder Paul - Partner
Matthew’s week-long holiday at the Ocean Coral & Turquesa by H10 Hotel with his son Robert, 23, and his nephew Anthony, 26, began on 1 October last year. He booked through tour operator First Choice.
Matthew recalled: “We had all been really looking forward to the break, so it was hugely disappointing when I suffered bed bug bites. It was the last thing we expected.
“Falling ill just made matters much worse and I really struggled to get much enjoyment out of the holiday as a whole.”
Looking back on his stay at the resort, Matthew added: “The bed bugs were not the only issue we encountered, as I had to take meat dishes back to the kitchen to be cooked again on a number of occasions as they were not done properly. Some of the food was not very warm when it was served to me and I also saw the same utensils being used for both raw and cooked food. I also saw dirty cutlery and plates.
“The holiday was just a nightmare and I want to know whether all of this could have been avoided. I feel I deserve some answers as I wouldn’t want this to happen to anyone else.”