What We Do
Financial services regulation is ever-changing and complex, with firms having to allocate increased resources and costs to meet their compliance obligations. It is therefore important to have company procedures that are fully compliant. Further costs and sanctions may be incurred in the long run if you fall foul of a regulator.
We can assist with the following:
- Applying for authorisation or variation of permissions
- Approved person applications (which may be contested by the FCA)
- Advice on approved person fit and proper issues such as conduct and disciplinary matters, approval refusal, disclosure of criminal convictions and completion of Forms A-D
- Supervision notification and reporting obligations
- FCA Handbook rules and breaches
- Customer complaint handling including Financial Ombudsman Service (‘FOS’) complaints
- CASS compliance and rule breaches
- Mis-selling and unsuitable advice concerns
- Preparing senior management members for interview by the FCA or another investigating body
- Advice regarding s166 skilled person reports
- Perimeter and regulated activity (RAO) guidance
- Anti-money laundering controls and financial crime compliance and POCA obligations
Why Choose Irwin Mitchell?
We advise firms and senior managers of their financial regulatory obligations when applying for authorisation and approval, dealing with supervision conduct enquiries and visits. We also provide expert representation if you are subject to an investigation.
In providing financial regulatory and compliance advice we can draw on assistance from our colleagues in other teams specialising in pensions, employment, corporate and commercial litigation.