Under the Equality Act 2010, its illegal for businesses to treat pregnant employees or employees on maternity leave unfairly. If this is happening to you, we understand that it can be a stressful time. Our pregnancy and maternity discrimination solicitors are here to help.
Pregnancy and maternity are ‘protected characteristics’ under the Act. This means you have rights and are legally protected against discrimination at work.
If you’ve been discriminated against, or have been a victim of bullying or harassment because you’re pregnant or on maternity leave, our legal team could help.
For advice on your rights and available options, speak to a member of our team. Call us on 0207 650 3999 or fill in our enquiry form and we’ll get back to you.
What Services Do We Offer?
We have a large employment team who can advise you and handle your case. We provide expert advice in plain English, so you can understand your situation and what to do next.
Our expert solicitors can:
- Support and guide you through a settlement agreement with your employer, to save you going to an Employment Tribunal or court
- Help you use mediation to resolve issues with your employer
- Draft legal documents if your case does go to court
- Represent you in the Employment Tribunal, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court, County Court or High Court.
Who Can We Help?
Pregnancy and maternity discrimination can happen if you’re:
- Pregnant or have a pregnancy-related illness
- On compulsory maternity leave
- Asking for additional maternity leave.
Our discrimination lawyers have years of experience helping senior executives, directors and various professionals who’ve been discriminated against at work. We’ve represented individuals from a number of industries and sectors, so whatever your job is, we are here to help.
We can help if you’ve experienced any of the following types of discrimination:
- Direct Discrimination – When you’re treated worse than another person because you’re pregnant or on maternity leave. For example: you’re not given the promotion you were promised because you’re pregnant
- Indirect Discrimination – When your employer has a policy or rule in place which puts you at a disadvantage. For example: an employers’ policy means you aren’t eligible for a promotion if you’re on maternity leave
- Harassment – When you are victim to bullying and are made to feel humiliated, offended or degraded because you are pregnant. For example: being called names for being pregnant
- Victimisation – When you are treated badly after making a complaint for pregnancy or maternity discrimination. Can also happen if you’re supporting someone who has made a complaint.
If you’ve been discriminated against by your employer, we can advise you on the best route to take. We’ll support you throughout the process and help fight your corner to get you the justice you deserve.
Why Choose Us?
Discrimination at work can leave you feeling hopeless and stressed. It can be increasingly difficult if you feel you’re deliberately not being promoted or are being singled out for dismissal or redundancy.
Our pregnancy and maternity discrimination specialists can represent you if you’ve been discriminated against. With our expertise, we’re able to offer fast, reliable guidance to you during your time of need. We provide advice in plain English to ensure you understand your rights and available options. We’ll make clear to you the different routes you can take. We’ll also tell you if there’s a better, easier way to resolve your issue, rather than going to court.
We’re highly ranked in the independent legal guides, Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 and have a great track record for winning cases. We’re committed to achieving the best results and will fight to ensure you resolve your issues as quickly as possible.
For further information, contact a member of our team on 0207 650 3999. Or complete our online enquiry form and we will get back to you.
Large, experienced team of solicitors
Specialists in representing senior professionals
Advice in plain English
Offices around the UK