Shazia’s practice focuses on advising individual employees and particularly those that are senior executives. She has considerable experience in employment litigation, covering all types of contentious discrimination issues, unfair dismissal, redundancies, TUPE and whistleblowing.
She has also worked on multi-party cases/group actions. Shazia is a pragmatic and commercial lawyer, with extensive experience in negotiating high-value and complex settlements, for both private and legal expenses insurance funded clients.
Shazia has represented clients in the Employment Tribunal, Employment Appeal Tribunal and also the Court of Appeal.
- Complex litigation (unfair dismissal, bonus pay and shares) against a large PLC that also involved the Commercial Litigation, Pension and Corporate departments, with High Court action being conducted in tandem with Employment Tribunal proceedings. The case settled for a high value.
- Representing a large group of employees in a multi-party action (unfair constructive dismissal and breach of contract claims) against a well-known Building Society which spanned several years. The case reached the Court of Appeal and then settled.
- Acting against a major corporation to successfully secure our client a favourable exit package. The client had been bullied, harassed and discriminated (race and sex) at work. The case settled for a substantial six figure sum.
- Acting against an NHS Trust to secure our client (a doctor) an Employment Tribunal Judgment, the appeal of which was successfully defended in the Employment Appeal Tribunal. Significant compensation was secured, as well as a costs order against the other party. (Legal claims included disability discrimination, unfair dismissal and unlawful deduction of wages).
- Acting against a leading international retailer to secure our client (during judicial mediation) with significant compensation for unfair dismissal, disability discrimination/harassment and non-payment of bonus.
Shazia qualified as a solicitor in 2004.