Sanjida Begum specialises in both contentious and non-contentious construction law. Sanjida has gained experience in various dispute resolution forums including litigation in the Technology and Construction Court (TCC), mediation and adjudication. Sanjida has successfully settled a number of high value cases and enforced a number of the adjudicator’s decisions in the TCC.
Sanjida has also gained significant experience acting for various large developers in relation to residential developments, commercial developments, and mix-use developments such as hospitals, universities, shopping centres etc, and have experience in drafting and negotiation of construction contracts, consultant appointments, collateral warranties, and other construction-related documentation.
Sanjida speaks fluent Bengali/Bangla, in addition to Rohingyan, Hindi, Urdu and basic Punjabi, which has helped her build excellent rapport with clients from different backgrounds.
- Acting for a developer in respect of professional negligence claims against consultants
- Acting for an international lithium mining company regarding a dispute concerning a FEED project
- Advising a developer regarding settlement of a dispute, concerning FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build
- Assisting on various building safety related disputes
- Acting for a developer on a large-scale development project in Wakefield, comprising over 2,500 dwellings and commercial uses
- Acting for a developer on the refurbishment of its office space.