Robert is an experienced commercial litigator who deals with all types of company and partnership disputes. He regularly advises on complex commercial contractual disputes with a further specialism being minority shareholder disputes and claims against directors.
Robert has experience in dealing with professional negligence claims and has acted for both private and corporate clients in claims against solicitors, surveyors, valuers and financial advisers.
He qualified as a solicitor in 2002.
Robert "is a committed and dedicated commercial lawyer with remarkable focus and attention to detail." – Legal 500, 2020
- Acting for minority shareholders of a subsidiary company in relation to an unfair prejudice claim arising out of the diversion of substantial funds from the subsidiary company to the parent company.
- Acting for a director defending a claim for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of the terms of a shareholders’ agreement and for an injunction compelling him to transfer his shares to the other shareholders at a nominal price.
- Acting on numerous commercial contractual disputes involving the supply of goods and/or services, the interpretation of contractual clauses and the termination of contracts including a recent multi-party case involving allegations of fraud and a dispute over the authenticity of documents.
- Acting for a company in a dispute over the ownership of a fine art painting involving parallel Court proceedings in different jurisdictions and a dispute over which country’s law governed the dispute.
- Acting for a company who had lost their right in law to a new business tenancy as a result of their solicitors’ negligence