Rebecca joined Irwin Mitchell in 2011 and trained with the Employment team, where she qualified in 2013.
She advises clients on a wide range of both contentious and non-contentious matters, including; employment contracts, drafting key employment policies, disciplinary and grievance matters, capability procedures, redundancy and business reorganisation, discrimination issues and settlement agreements.
Rebecca also assists clients with Employment Tribunal claims and has supported a number of clients to the Final Hearing stage.
- Advising a company director bringing claims of unfair dismissal and disability discrimination against his former employer, including successfully demonstrating his employment status before an Employment Tribunal.
- Defending a large national PLC client in a complex claim for disability discrimination by association, constructive dismissal, whistleblowing and wrongful dismissal, with a potential value of £150,000.
- Providing advice to an SME client and negotiating compensation payments upon the termination of numerous commercial agents’ contracts.
- Co-ordinating and advising on a volume of settlement agreements arising from a “Big 6” Energy Supplier’s large-scale redundancy programme.
- Delivering client training, including a Mock Employment Tribunal.
Rebecca qualified as a solicitor in 2013.