Paul has considerable experience in all areas of real estate disputes with a particular focus on acting for tenants in the leisure sector.
He also advises clients on high value disputes in the commercial real estate sector. His clients include investors, developers and commercial occupiers.
- Advised a property development company in relation to the ongoing strategy to obtain vacant possession of a major redevelopment site. Advised on and served hostile notices under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 on tenants of multi-occupied buildings to secure vacant possession.
- Advised a property investor (who was also a developer) in relation to the Electronic Communications Code and negotiating with an operator to re-site their equipment.
- Advised a large nightclub tenant in relation to a multi-party dispute in the First-tier tribunal concerning ownership of the freehold title.
- Providing on-going advice and support on all property dispute issues to a landlord of a multi tenanted central London office building.
- Advised a property developer in relation to number of dilapidation issues and mediating a number of settlements.
- Advised an LPA Receiver seeking possession of mixed use premises.
- Ongoing advice to an investor client in relation to all property related disputes in their portfolio including possession claims, forfeiture, alienation and repair issues, and debt claims.
- Advised investor landlord on issues arising from their tenant’s administration and successfully recovering all rent arrears and costs before progressing a successful assignment to a new tenant.
"What a great legal support Paul Henson has been to me over the last few months along with and his team Deirbhile Lynam and Glenn Rhodes. With their help I was able to get the payment I was legally entitled to without having to go to court. Every action I instructed was executed immediately, which meant the whole thing was sorted as soon as possible and with a positive outcome. I like things done yesterday and these guys certainly did not waste time getting the job done. The online face to face meetings were so helpful and everything thing discussed was made very clear from the start, including what my costs would be before I committed to the process." - 5* Trustpilot review
"We instructed Irwin Mitchell on a complex and time constrained project, as they had previously managed our office move back in 2017. Yet again they delivered professionally, diligently and personally. Paul Henson and Rachel Belinfante were with us every step of the way and were highly responsive, explaining everything in simple terms. I cannot recommend them highly enough and would use them again in an instant!" - 5* Trustpilot review
An “invaluable member of any legal team” Legal 500 (2018)
“A pleasure to work with due to his innovative and practical solutions…who is recognised for his experience acting for tenants in the leisure sector” Legal 500 (2017)