Paddy is a partner in Irwin Mitchell’s national Banking and Finance team. He is also head of Irwin Mitchell’s Business Legal Services Division in Leeds.
Paddy has substantial experience in banking and debt finance transactions across a wide range of sectors. He regularly advises banks, funders and borrowers on real estate finance (both investment and development), leveraged finance and corporate banking transactions.
He regularly works on syndicated and club financings as well as bi-lateral facilities. He also has significant expertise in cross-border transactions.
His clients include HSBC UK Bank plc, National Westminster Bank plc, Lloyds Bank, Santander, ThinCats, Octopus Property, ICG Longbow and Mayborn Group.
- Advised HSBC on a syndicated £60m refinancing of a large, private equity backed Care Home Group
- Advised HSBC on a leveraged and receivables funding package to Atlas Leisure to fund its £35m management buy-out
- Advised Mayborn Group on a significant cross-border syndicated refinancing
- Advised NatWest on senior financing to Citu in relation to its development of the Climate Innovation District in Leeds
- Advised Octopus Property on development finance facilities to FRT Developments for the development of a residential scheme in Isleworth, west London.
"Extremely conscientious and diligent and always with a pragmatic and commercially sound approach." – Chambers & Partners, 2019
"Has an excellent understanding of his clients” - Legal 500, 2019